Monday 30 December 2019
Setting Goals For The Coming Year - The Creative Process
SETTING GOALS FOR THE COMING YEAR
It's that time of year again folks! We are officially two days for 2020 and it's time for me to make my yearly goals. Now I have talked about these goals on my Authortube channel (found here) but since I will, hopefully, be reviewing these goals again in July on the blog, it made sense to mention them here as well, and to go into a little bit of detail about why I chose these goals!
As you're probably aware, I do Bi-Monthly goals on my Authortube channel, and so you may be wondering why I still do a yearly goals list as well. The simply answer is that I know that while the majority of my goals will be on a smaller scale, I won't be able to complete some of the long-term ones in two months. I don't want to focus on them on that scale, but over the year as a whole, hence the yearly goals.
1. RELEASE LIGHTS ON IN MAY 2020 - This should all go to plan, we're knee deep in the developmental edits for this book and everything should continue along smoothly. I have the front cover, and am super happy with it and planning the cover reveal!
2. RELEASE CRAMPING CHRONICLES: THE FIRST TWINGE IN OCTOBER 2020 - Normally I would do one book in May and the other in July, but this year, having done three releases, I wanted to spread my two out a little more. So I'm aiming for an October release for this book, and hoping it all goes to plan.
3. READ 200 BOOKS - Last year I set the goal of 120 books because I'd really been struggling towards the end of the year to even reach my previous goal of 150. I didn't want to add that extra pressure to myself, so I lowered the amount. Of course by February I was over 20 books ahead of myself, so I bumped it up to the usual 150, and then I was done with that in June. So I went for 200. I finished that in around October time, and am now at a point where I've read more books this year than ever before, since I started tracking. I don't know if I can do it again, but I'm gonna try!
4. FINISH BOOKS THIS IS HOW IT ENDS & I WISH I COULD SAVE YOU - Both of these are pretty new to me. I started them during NaNoWriMo and have made a good headway into them. I believe they should be done around May/June time.
5. START BOOKS 31 & 32 - And therefore, since the last point says I'll be done before the end of the year, I obviously want to write and plan two new books, that as of yet, have no titles, or plots, or characters. But I'm sure they'll come to me!
6. DO A LIVESTREAM ON AUTHORTUBE CHANNEL AT LEAST ONCE - I really missed out during NaNo with all the livestreams. I'm in the UK, most of Authortube is in a completely different time zone to me, and with my conditions really putting me to bed around 5pm my time, it just wasn't possible to make it to any, despite wanting to. So this coming year I want to try and do one of my own. I just don't know when or whether I'll do it alone!
7. COLLAB WITH AT LEAST 5 OTHER AUTHORTUBERS OVER THE YEAR - I did some collabs with Authortubers this past year, but I really wanted to work harder at cementing those friendships with all the people I've met through that platform. So this is a big goal for me!
8. KEEP UP WITH WRITING LOG - This is something that appears every year because it matters to me greatly, and is pretty self-explanatory.
9. KEEP UP WITH AUTHORTUBE CHANNEL - Same as above, pretty easy to work out why!
10. KEEP UP WITH MONDAY AND FRIDAY POSTS ON BLOG - And again, easy to work out why!
11. DO 50 REVIEWS IN 2020 - I managed to do more reviews in 2019 than any other year, and this coming year I want to beat that and do at least 50 reviews. This counts for both my Friday posts and any reviews I do outside of that.
12. START EDITS ON LIGHTS OFF AND CRAMPING CHRONICLES: THE SECOND PANG READY FOR RELEASE IN 2021 - This one is something that I usually have on there, because the work starts for this about the middle of the year, so I want to be sure that I have everything in place and ready to get those two done.
13. DO A LOCAL SIGNING/BOOK SIGNING - There is no Darker in 2020 and I'm not actually signed up for any signings, but I would really love to do one, even if that means it's only me there. So this is one I want to branch out to the local area and see if I can pull it off.
14. DO #JOWRIMOGO EVERY MONTH - Another one that is pretty easy to understand why it's there. I started this hashtag about four or five years ago and I haven't looked back since. It's the one thing I always do every month, which is write, at least, one page for every day of the month.
15. TAKE ONE DAY OFF COMPLETELY EACH MONTH - And although I'm pretty good at doing this now, I still wanted to have this one on here. It's so easy to get caught up in working all the time, that I need to hold myself to this. I need time off, everyone does, and having this goal there makes sure that I get at least one day of the month to do nothing. I've started having more than one, which is an amazing thing!
So there we have it, my goals for 2020! Lemme know if you have any down in the comments! And enjoy the last days of 2019!
Follow Joey here on her blog, or on Facebook or Tumblr to be kept up to date with the latest news regarding Joey and her books