Monday, 24 June 2019
Six Month Check In With Goals
SIX MONTH CHECK IN WITH GOALS
It's that time of the year again when I look back at the goals I set myself on my Authortube channel in December (video here) and see how I'm doing so far! Now I also set myself bi-monthly goals on the channel, but I've been doing yearly goals for a while and like the idea of having longer ones than can be done in a couple of months. Usually I would set the goals, then completely forget about them until it came time to review them at the end of the year.
Last year I realised that I needed some accountability and so I started doing a check in on my blog as a way to show you all what I've managed so far and what is still to come in the year as a whole. So even though it's the the end of June, let's look back at what I've achieved so far!
1. PUBLISH DYING THOUGHTS - SEVENTH DEATH IN MAY 2019 - I managed this, the book was released on May 15th and if you've not yet picked up a copy you can do so here!
2. PUBLISH LIGHTS OUT IN JULY 2019 - This is ongoing, but the plan is still for it to be released on July 10th, and if you want to pre-order a copy you can do so here. I'm also doing something I hadn't planned and that's pre-order SWAG so if you want to pick up some of those, all you have to do is pre-order and fill out the form here.
3. PUBLISH DYING THOUGHTS - EIGHTH ENDING IN OCTOBER 2019 - This hasn't happened yet, but it's still the plan for it to be released in October. It's with the editor right now and hopefully going to the proof-reader on July 1st. I have the cover reveal in July, and if you want to help with that, the form is here.
4. FINISH VISIBLE AND CRAMPING CHRONICLES: THE FIFTH AGONY - I managed this in May! I penned the last words of the Cramping Chronicles series at the beginning of May and did the same with the third book in the Invisible series so I was super happy to have this one crossed off the list.
5. START OPAQUE AND BOOK 28 [I'LL SEE YOU THRU] - Also done! I started Opaque and I'll See You Thru in May and while I'm still only in the beginning stages, they're both going really well!
6. READ 120 BOOKS - I don't know why but I'm about 50 books ahead of my challenge which I had to rapidly change from 120 books to my usual 150, and might even need to up it to 200 depending on how things go. Overall, I am on track to finishing this sometime next month so I'm super happy with that!
7. KEEP UP WITH BLOGS ON MONDAY AND FRIDAYS - I have managed to do this! I'm booked for Friday posts until July but I'm hoping that some of the people I've reached out to will get back to me so that I can continue with these. On top of that, my Monday posts are all lined up until pretty much the New Year, though not all written of course!
8. KEEP UP WITH AUTHORTUBE CHANNEL - I've been doing this fine. I've gotten into a nice routine of recording videos on my off days and getting the month ahead all pre-recorded in time to be released on the relevant Thursday.
9. KEEP UP WITH WRITING LOG - Also had no problems keeping up with this. I know for some people it might seem strange to have a writing log, but it works for me and I enjoy doing it so it's no problem!
10. DO ONE BOOK SIGNING - Not done. And to be quite honest, I don't think it is going to be either. Following on from a year of three signings, I was pretty sure that I'd do Darker 2019 if nothing else. Except there is no Darker this year or next. So I don't know what my plans for signings in the coming year are going to be. I've signed up for a few in 2021 including Darker so we'll see how it goes.
11. DO 40 REVIEWS ON FRIDAYS - I'm standing at about 20 reviews done on Fridays so far, so I'm on track to get this done. I have a lot more guest blogs than last year, but the interviews and reviews have been steady.
12. DO #JOWRIMOGO EVERY MONTH - I've managed this even though I no longer post the graphics, and only mention the numbers once at the beginning of my Life Of Joey videos. It's more a way for me to stay productive and I don't want to be part of other people beating themselves up for not doing the same.
13. DO ONE BONUS VIDEO EVERY MONTH ON AUTHORTUBE - I've managed this. Most months have had at least one bonus video, some have had two. I plan to try and continue this through the coming year.
14. START EDITS ON LIGHTS ON AND CRAMPING CHRONICLES: THE FIRST TWINGE FOR RELEASE IN 2020 - Obviously not done yet, but it's still on the cards to be done. I'll be doing this around October/November time.
15. TAKE ONE DAY OFF COMPLETELY EVERY MONTH - And also done so far. Most months I've had Mepo off and at least one other day, other months I've squeezed in more. It's more about what I've had going on. When Kim was over in May I had about a week or so off, and in June I've had more days off because of hospital appointments and getting my hair did.
So bar the signing for this year, I am very much on track. I'm happy with my progress and happy with all I'm achieving. Hopefully it all continues throughout the next six months and I can end 2019 with a bang! How are you doing with your goals?
Follow Joey here on her blog, or on Facebook or Tumblr to be kept up to date with the latest news regarding Joey and her books